This came from a group text message I was in with three of my best friends. One of them had a presentation to a group of graduating high school seniors and we all started throwing out advice for them. These are listed in no particular order and you my totally disagree with some of them. Enjoy and share!
- Meet New Friends
- Join Different Organizations
- Register for Strategic Prerequisites.
Surround Yourself with Mentors and Leaders
- Learn by Listening and Observing.
- Ask Questions.
- Professional and Personal Advisory Council
- Turn Networking into Relationships
- Prepare for Success and Failure
- Obstacles = Opportunities.
- Resistance = Persistence.
Don’t Stay In Your Comfort Zone
- Control vs. Uncontrollable.
- Outwork Others.
Find Your Passion
- “Great Work Comes From Loving What You Do.”
- Achieve to Exceed.
- Performance Checks.
Become a Role Model
- Represent Yourself Well
- High Character
Yesterday – Today – Tomorrow
- These Three Chains Are Always Connected For A Reason
- Learn from the Past, Live in the Present, Prepare for the Future.